Saturday 1 March 2014

Zoos in Europe ‘kill 5,000 healthy animals a year’


                                                                 I am Marius, a healthy 18-month-old giraffe, I was killed by the Copenhagen Zoo. 


 I just read the news and my heart kinda sank,
The facts of what is happening, leaves me rather blank.
Five thousand animals in European Zoos, are killed each and every year,
This cannot be allowed to continue, in captivity animals should not an unjust death fear!

Those that should be protecting us, are using euthanasia without a care, 
From wee little tadpoles up to the tallest giraffe, how very bloody they dare!
Since 2012 in Denmark, five healthy giraffes have been put down,
The awful plight of such majestic animals, leaves my face a frown.

Zebras, Hippos, Tigers and their cubs, Arabian Oryx and even Lions and Bears,
Of this wholesale murder of innocent lives, I am shocked and stand up do all my hairs.
Zoo's should not be considered a conservation safety net, captivity provides animals no way back,
Join in the global conservation effort, to protect and keep alive species, please do not personally slack.


No comments:

Post a Comment